This is a great low-spice, hassle-free chilli con carne option… and it stores well in the freezer too!
Family Friendly Chilli Con Carne
A mild chilli con carne, perfect for the whole family!
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onion
- , halved and sliced
- 3 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1kg pack lean minced beef
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 2 beef stock cube (we like Just Bouillon)
- 2 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 10 sundried tomato
- 3 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 3.
- Heat the oil, preferably in a large flameproof casserole, and fry the onions for 8 mins.
- Add the garlic, spices and oregano and cook for 1 min, then gradually add the mince, stirring well until browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, add half a can of water, then crumble in the stock and season.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 30 mins.
- Stir in the peppers and sundried tomatoes, then cook for 30 mins more until the peppers are tender. Stir in the beans.
- To serve: Reheat on the hob until bubbling.
- Serve with avocado or a big salad with avocado in it, some basmati rice or tortilla chips and a bowl of soured cream.