There are many people that face this dilemma – not enough bedroom for each child to have their own… sometimes it means two (or three) girls or boys sharing, and sometimes it means boy-girl sharing. Each situation comes with it’s own unique set of positives and negatives. (When we were growing up, for quite a long time, it was the three of us girls sharing. We had some magical times, and we had a couple of blow out fights too!)
Luckily, the fact that it’s a boy and a girl sharing doesn’t mean that their bedroom has to look disjointed or any less loved than the rest of the house. Take a look at these amazing boy-girl bedrooms for some inspiration.
1. Mickey and Minnie Bedroom – What a lovely design idea for a room with a built in nook like this one.
2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar – What a cute bedroom, especially if this is one of your kids’ favorite books. (photo credit: potterybarn)
3. Underwater Bedroom – I love the mermaids and the sharks! What a cute room! (photo credit: potterybarn)
4. Clean and Modern – This look would work well for kids of any age, and the extra storage underneath the bed is really great!
5. Tongue in Cheek – I love this one for the little bit of attitude that it brings… just because their sharing a room, doesn’t mean they have to like it! (photo credit: molimo design)
6. Arabian prince and princess – This bedroom would require a little bit of creativity and a whole lot of elbow grease, but the results are stunning.
7. Woods or Neutrals – Keeping it neutral might seem like taking the easy way out, but it doesn’t have to mean boring. Adding fun accessories like a craft table that both kids can use can really add to the appeal. (photo credit: David Brittain)
8. Pitched Roof Bedroom – A pitched roof room gives you the opportunity to use partitions or half-walls of some sorts. This idea may be particularly popular with older kids. (photo credit: Real Simple)
9. Boy Girl Signs – Sometimes we just don’t have a lot of space…bunk beds are a great solution! I love the simplicity of this design, with the pillows adding a ‘pop’. (photo credit: Lil Blue Boo)
10. Bright and Colorful – Be sure to choose colors that work together, like they did in this picture, and you can really have an amazing kids room! (photo credit: Real Simple)
Beautiful, aren’t they…
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it with your friends and family, and don’t forget to check out the rest of my weblog here (brightnbrainy.com). Thanks!