There are so many healthy snack ideas for kids out there…all you need to do is type in ‘healthy snacks’ and you’ll be hit with options. In fact, there are so many, it’s actually confusing! And another thing…how do you know which of them actually taste good!?! There are a few of those ingredients that i don’t even recognize, so how am i supposed to know a) where to buy them, and b) if we’re even going to like the taste when i do find them.
Don’t get me wrong, if you’re up for all that adventurous eating, much power to you. Me, i think i’ll keep things nice and simple, especially when it comes to after school snacks. The last thing i need is to be working with an unfamiliar product when i know Kayla’s going to be bursting in the door any minute, looking for something to nibble on. So, for all those mom’s out there that just want to keep things simple, and still give your kids a great, fun afternoon snack, this one’s for you!
1. These hungry caterpillars are very cute, and a great way to make sure the kids are getting some fruit AND veg! (littlefoodjunction.com)
2. I love these silly apple bites. Get the recipe and all the instructions here (forkandbeans.com). To keep it extra simple, you could even just use
plain old great old peanut butter instead of sunflower butter.
4. This cute edible airplane from preschoolalphabet is the perfect way to get a bunch of boys (any ‘aviation fanatic’ really…) to gobble down something healthy! What a fun idea!
7. This apple and banana bread is almost too good to make it onto my “healthy snacks’ list, but i let it sneak on in because it is packed full of apple and banana. A slice of this after school is sure to make any kid smile!
8. Looking for a fun way to get the kids eating a little extra vegetables? This traffic light sandwich is the perfect way! You can even get the kids to help. Check it out at planningwithkids.com.
9. I love these peanut butter banana yogurt popsicles! So easy! We will definately be whipping up a batch of these while it’s still nice and hot outside… The guys at superhealthykids.com sure got it right with this one!
10. These stained glass jello cubes are probably the prettiest treat i’ve ever seen! I know, i know, not quite ‘healthy’, but hey! Life’s all about balance 😉 !
So many delicious options! Do you have a family favorite you think we should know about? Don’t be shy – comment with the info and i’ll be sure to add it!
If you’ve enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends and family, and don’t forget to check out the rest of my weblog here . Thanks!