Last night i decided to re-watch a couple of episodes of one of my favorite ‘guilty pleasures’ viewing treats… Wife Swap Australia! Lol! Well, in one of the episodes, the mom happened to open the freezer and pull out a bag of frozen mash potatoes… or as she referred to them… frozen tampons! Hahaha! Laughed so hard i almost fell out of bed! But that’s exactly how i feel about anything other than REAL mash potatoes! Frozen mash, powdered mash, canned mash… yuck! If you’re going to have it, you might as well make it from scratch, and have the proper stuff… it just tastes so much better!
Here is my recipe for fail proof magnificent mash… believe me, you’re going to want to make this often!
- 1kg Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 T Butter
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T Fresh Chives (Snipped)
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm.
- Drain and return to stove over low heat to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add butter, Parmesan cheese, chives, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Use a potato masher to mash until smooth, and serve.