The secret to these tenders is using nuts for the crusting instead of breading… extra flavor and none of those horrible carbs! Go on, give a me a great big helping!
This delicious dinner can be whipped up in less than 40 minutes and is packed with muscle-building protein. Yum!
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1½ cups almonds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor add the almonds, chili powder, paprika, and cumin powder.
- Blend until almonds are finely to roughly chopped.
- Put chopped almond mixture in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk 2 eggs.
- Remove chicken tenders.
- Dredge each in the eggs then the almond crust.
- Repeat steps until all fillets are covered.
- Place almond chicken on a sheet tray.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or cooked through.
- Serve with roasted veggies or a large salad, and a big bowl of plain yogurt drizzled with olive oil for dipping.