Aaahhh – Christmas! Yes – the ‘Season of Giving’ is almost here! For most of us, that means hours in the shopping centers, choosing out the perfect gift. And while that’s perfectly fine (the bulk of our gifts are store bought too), there are those extra special gifts that require a little something ‘more’… That gift for granny or grandpa should be thoughtful, and the present for your best friend could carry an extra ‘special’ little message.
Our loved ones (near and far) have the biggest impact on our lives, and as such, it’s only natural to want to invest our time into the the little things that bring smiles and happiness into their lives. A heartfelt, homemade gift is the perfect way to show how much you care. Here is a selection of Christmas gifts to make for those that mean so much to you. Get the kids involved – i promise, these are easy enough for the kids to do!
1. Mason Jar Snow Globes – This has to be the best snow globe ever – and you can make it yourself – with the kids! Just think how much this would mean to Granny or Grandpa, or anyone for that matter! You know what, i think i’ll get the kids to make me one 😉 ! Details here (Make and Do Crew).
2. Personalized Bookmarks – Don’t those just look so cool!? I know of one little model that would love posing for this (my thirteen year old might be a little more difficult to convince – she’s become as elusive as a snow leopard when it comes to having her photo taken – but i spose that would make this gift all the more special!). The best thing about this, you could create a whole series of bookmarks (one of each of the kids, or get the kids do more than one pose) and present the avid reader in your family with a super cool collection of bookmarks to use throughout the year and remember the kids (and all the hard work you put into it 🙂 ) with a big smile on the their face! Get the details here (Red Fly Creations).
3. Bath Reindeer – A homemade gift does not have to be 100% homemade to count… sometimes it’s okay to cheat a little. This Christmas gift’s magic lies in the wrapping! Angie over at Bumble Bee’s Craft Den has all the details. Isn’t that just the cutest reindeer ever!
4. A Super-Hug – I am totally stealing this idea! Perfect for all our much loved family overseas! Affordable, and easy to make, i’m pretty sure i’ll be able to get even my littlest one to lie still for a couple of seconds so i can trace her (she’s had some practice now with Thanksgiving Turkeys Hands ) and i’m sure we’ll think of something extra special to send along inside. Thank you PagingSuperMom, this is most definitely a Super DIY Gift Idea!
5. Mug of Mini S’mores – This is a great option for anyone that loves chocolate and perfect for the holiday season! What’s better than a belly full of chocolatey, marshmallowy, crunchy, yummy goodness? Add a personalised tag or a photo of the kids and this one’s sure to be a hit! Details here (A Night Owl Blog).
6. DIY Cookie Gift Bag – What a great idea! Not only are giving someone the gift of yummy, yummy cookies, they’re also getting the fabulous smell and the joy of sneaking bits of uncooked cookie dough – i wouldn’t mind waking up to one of these under the Christmas tree! Autumn, over at It’s Always Autumn has all the details.
7. Dino Phone Stand – Do you have a teen in the family? Then isn’t this just the perfect sibling gift !?! And, best of all, you get to upcycle some of those old toys and make way for the new stuff that will be coming in. Eat Sleep Make has all the details!
8. Marble Dipped Mugs – These marbled dipped mugs from House of Hipsters are right on point – i love how versatile they are – you can play around with colors, and even try layering. Beautiful, aren’t they?
9. Hot Cocoa Mix Ornaments – A super delicious, super fun gift idea that’s quick and easy to make – and sure to be a crowd pleaser. There’s even a savory dip version ! For the original hot cocoa mix instruction, check out this tutorial by Sprinkle Some Fun.
10. Gingerbread Sugar Scrub – This is a super homemade gift idea for any ladies (or men) that like a good pamper. The warm, spicy sweetness of the gingerbread is perfect for the holidays! Frugal Coupon Living has all the details, and even a cute printable label for the jar! So easy!
11. Coloring Book Carrier – The kids might need a little (okay, a lot) of help with this one, mostly on the sewing side of things, but it’s the perfect DIY gift for any kids in the family! Choose some fun material that you know the little one will will love, pop in their favorite coloring book, and you’ve got a gift that’s going to keep them happily entertained for hours – no batteries required! Patterns and details here (Crazy Little Projects).
12. Baking Mitt For A Sweet Teacher – Planning on giving Christmas (or end of year) gifts to your childrens’ teachers? This oven with with an added sweet surprise from Eighteen25 is just perfect! I love the witty message on the front – so clever!
Well there you have it – 12 fantastic gift ideas in honor of the 12 days of Christmas. I hope you’ve found some inspiration. Let us know if you’re making any gifts this this year, and don’t forget to share your pics!
Looking for more DIY Christmas ideas? Why not have a go at creating your own Pool Noodle Christmas Wreath !