A healthy and delicious option for a belly-warming dinner. And all in one pot!
Alphabet Veggie Soup
A fun way to get the little ones to eat their veggies!
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (398 ml) can tomatoes, chopped up
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry alphabet pasta
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large pot,saute the onions and the garlic for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the carrots, tomatoes, stock and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the alphabet pasta.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Great Tip: Add in which ever extra veggies your family likes - personally, we always add mushrooms and leeks to our soups 🙂