Buttermilk Fried Chicken
So Juicy!! Definitely one of my family's favorite chicken dishes!
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- 6 - 8 pieces of chicken (skin on or off, it's up to you)
- 500ml buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
- 1/2 t salt (to season the chicken)
- 1/2 t paprika (to season the chicken)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 t salt (to season the flour)
- 1/2 t garlic powder (to season the flour)
- oil for frying
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Season the chicken with salt and paprika, cover with buttermilk and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and shake off excess buttermilk.
- In the meantime, heat up 3 to 4 cm oil in a heavy skillet.
- Combine flour, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl, and dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Shake of any excess, and carefully drop the chicken into the oil once the oil is hot.
- Fry the chicken over a medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken pieces are golden and crispy.
- Remove from oil and place on some kitchen towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve with some fluffy mashed potatoes, a large green salad and some corn.
- Another tasty option is to have the chicken with macaroni cheese, and if you'd like to add some veggies in, I always have a little bowl of baby green peas on the side. Which ever way you decide to go, I'm sure you'll find this one's a winner!
This delicious recipe is super easy, and served with mashed potatoes, corn and a large salad, has definitely become one of my family’s favorites!