The name alone makes me want to try this one tonight!
Cheese Burger Soup
A delicious, naughty soup, perfect for when someone needs a treat.
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried parsley
- 4 t butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cubed velveeta cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
- 11/2 cups milk
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Brown the beef in a large pot, drain, and set aside.
- In the same pot, add 1 t butter, the onions, carrots, parsley, basil and celery and simmer until translucent.
- Add the broth, the potatoes and the beef, and increase the heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a microwave (or in another small pan) melt the remaining butter and add the flour.
- Stir the flour mixture, the milk, the cheese,salt and pepper into the soup, bring to the boil, and stir gently but continuously for 2 minutes.
- Blend in the sour cream and serve topped with some chunky croutons.