Very filling and absolutely scrumptious! This one is sure to become a family favorite!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 disk puff pastry
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 t poultry seasoning
- 2 t butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken (diced)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup half and half or cream
- 3 medium potatoes
- 110 ounce frozen carrots and peas mix
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Unroll dough and sprinkle with pepper and poultry seasoning. Cut into rounds and bake until puffed (about 10 minutes).
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and add the chicken. Gently brown for a few minutes, then remove the chicken from the pot and set aside for later.
- Add the celery, onion, flour,1/2 t salt and the remaining poultry seasoning and simmer until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the water, chicken broth, half and half or cream and the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer partially covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes, then add in the chicken pieces and simmer for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
- Divide the soup into bowls and top each bowl with a pastry round.
- If you prefer to use fresh carrots instead of frozen, just remember to add a few minutes onto the cooking time.