This has become a dish that we enjoy at least twice a month in our house… it’s easy to prep, and looks so impressive! I hope you’ll give this one a go real soon!
Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 t olive oil
- 1/2 t garlic, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C chicken stock
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh basil
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet and add diced onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 or 4 minutes until translucent.
- Carefully add the chicken pieces and lightly brown.
- Add the mushrooms, then turn up the heat slightly and let the mushrooms cook down for 3 or 4 minutes.
- In the meantime, open the can of tomatoes and empty into a bowl. Use your hands, or get your little one to, and 'squish' the tomatoes until broken up.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes to the skillet and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top with shredded basil.
- This dish is great served with pasta or mashed potatoes. Our personal favorite is penne, but you go ahead and be adventurous!